“Designing in Challenging Times, A Shift in Perspective”
The GLDA Annual Seminar will be streamed LIVE on Saturday 27th February 2021.
- Watch LIVE from your home or office.
- Ask questions and hear from our expert panel of speakers.
- Watch recorded sessions all year round and catch-up ‘on demand’.
- See the full programme here.
Watching the seminar is really easy; there’s no signing up to Zoom or other special programme required. All ticket holders will get an email before the event with a link to the seminar website, a unique username and a password. Just click the link to the website, put in your username and your password and enjoy the seminar.
To design in challenging times is to design in interesting times. Challenges, whether they be environmental, economic or societal, bring about change and garden designers must respond to that change with new perspectives and creativity.
This is the premise that has prompted the theme selected for the Garden & Landscape Designers Association’s (GLDA’s) annual seminar which takes place online on 27 February 2021, Designing in Challenging Times, A Shift in Perspective. The event also marks the launch of a year-long series of celebrations marking the Association’s 25th Anniversary which falls in early February 2022.
To mark the Anniversary , two popular speakers who have addressed seminars in the past have been invited to participate again, together with three first-time guest speakers. They are:
- Aniket Bhagwat, India’s most influential landscape architect, makes his second appearance at the GLDA seminar. He was one of the keynote speakers at the event in 2016.
Topic: “Design of Times That Were & Will Be”.
- Sarah Eberle, a leading garden designer from the UK, also makes a return visit to the GLDA seminar, having last attended in 2009.
Topic: “The Resilience Garden Project”.
- Carrie Preston, an American garden designer living and working in The Netherlands, makes her GLDA debut.
Topic: “The Garden Where Things Fit”.
- Martí Franch, one of the most significant landscape architects working in Spain today, also makes his first appearance.
Topic: “Productive Ecotones”.
- Darina Allen, of Ballymaloe Cookery School, Organic Farm & Gardens, Ireland’s best-known cook and a best-selling author is another welcome newcomer to address the seminar.
Topic: “The Ballymaloe Cookery School Gardens – Edible, Educational & Therapeutic”.
How to Register
To purchase a ticket for the live stream and video on-demand archive please select a ticket below. Please note we have different rates for members and non-members. Thank you.
[If ticket prices do not show below, please email email@example.com and the site will be fixed.]
Live streaming really is the next best thing to being there – and we look forward to welcoming you online for our 25th Annual Seminar.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions about Live Streaming the Seminar
1. How long will video recordings be made available for?
Videos will be made available for viewing all year round.
2. When will recorded sessions be made available?
We edit and upload presentations as soon as each session ends plus you can watch all year round.
3. Due to work commitments I won’t be able to watch live. Is there a catch-up service?
Yes – as soon as each session is finished the edit process begins. Videos will be made available within 6-12 hours of each session ending (the quicker the better). You will receive email updates when new videos are added to the video on-demand archive.
4. Is it possible to test the live stream in advance of conference?
Yes – we’ll run a test stream before the event starts – you’ll be invited to join the stream from 8:30AM. We will go live 1 hour before conference to test audio and video. Our dedicated support team will also be available via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any technical queries.