October 29, 2015
SKETCH-UP Class Part 2
Following on from our first Sketch-Up class in September, David Shortall and Padraic Woods will be holding a second class on Saturday 5th December 2015.
The GLDA will host a Sketchup workshop
5th December 2015
Sandyford Community Centre 12noon -4pm
- Follow on class teaches continues the basics of building a 3D rotating image of your garden plan.
- 2nd of 2 classes shows you how to access what you need to know from the internet and online tutorials on YouTube.
- Improve your skills and refresh your mind on the quickest way to draft your 3D plan.
- Draw a garden in 3D simply and easily in easy steps. Learn short cuts that will make visualising your design quick and understandable for your client
- Show split level gardens in a way you just can’t represent on paper.
- Show construction detail and sections
- Learn how to convert your plan to a scaled base plan using Sketchup “Layout”
- Access millions of plants, furniture, cars, and all sorts of features already drawn and free to download from the internet.
Where: Sandyford Community Centre, Lambs Cross, Enniskerry Road.
When: Sat 5th December 2015 from 12am to 4.00pm
Full & Pre-Reg: €25
June 3, 2015
The GLDA is organising a Garden Visit to the following gardens in North County Dublin on Saturday 13th June 2015.
- Sunnymeade, The Ward, County Dublin – Garden designed by GLDA Full member Andrew Glenn-Craigie MGLDA
- Bramley Cottage – Garden of Jane McCorkell MGLDA
- The Shackleton Garden, Clonsilla D15 which is under reconstruction – a guided tour by John Harrington.
May 24, 2015
Gordon Ledbetter MGLDA reviews the GLDA’s nineteenth consecutive seminar, held on Saturday 7th February at the Crowne Plaza, Northwood, Dublin 9.
By general consent it was one of the best seminars held in many years and one of the largest with more than 200 attendees, including at least 8 from Holland and 2 who had traveled from as far afield as the United States; and with the speakers chosen from Ireland, England, France and the USA, the seminar was truly an international event.